Is above configuration is correct ? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vikramyadav,

Splunk does not manage archived data. With your configuration indexed data will be moved to the archive folder (/opt/backup/index) after one year. The last one-year data will be searchable if your maxTotalDataSizeMB value is enough. If index size exceeds this 512 GB it will be moved to the archive folder.

You can set frozenTimePeriodInSec value to 15552000, in order to archive after 6 months. Also you should calculate 6 months data size to set maxTotalDataSizeMB value.

You have to manually manage archived data with custom script etc for 12 months.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vikramyadav,

Splunk does not manage archived data. With your configuration indexed data will be moved to the archive folder (/opt/backup/index) after one year. The last one-year data will be searchable if your maxTotalDataSizeMB value is enough. If index size exceeds this 512 GB it will be moved to the archive folder.

You can set frozenTimePeriodInSec value to 15552000, in order to archive after 6 months. Also you should calculate 6 months data size to set maxTotalDataSizeMB value.

You have to manually manage archived data with custom script etc for 12 months.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...