Getting Data In

Splunk App for infrastructure entities by role

tommerraz

Hey! 

I am trying to install Splunk App for infrastructure on our distributed Splunk platform and I was wondering we wether we could reveal to specific users based on their roles entities  that only regard to them / send data to their projects and apps.  Is that possible at all? I am just a bit concerned about revealing entities to clients and customers that have no relation to them. 

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Karma

rthomas247
Engager

Hi, not sure if you found the answer to you question but I had a similar case and used this doc to address the issue. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/Security/SetUpUserAuthenticationWithLDAP

hope this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...