Getting Data In

Splunk App For Infrastructure VMware vSphere

chrisratliff95

I'm trying to add VMware vSphere data using the Splunk app for infrastructure. When I try to, all I get is an alert "You have to install the Splunk VMware Add-on for ITSI and its components before you start collecting VMware data." I'm unclear on how to get around this issue since I have installed the necessary components. According to documentation https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/InfraApp/2.0.4/Install/VMWInstall?ref=hk
I need to install ITSI, which I have, and install SA-VMWIndex, Splunk_TA_esxilogs, and Splunk_TA_vcenter, which are all components inside of the vmware_ta_itsi parent directory that is a part of the ITSI install. I made sure the components within vmware_ta_itsi were also in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ like the documentation says they should be.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...