Getting Data In

Splunk 6.4x and SSD (Solid State) indexers

koshyk
Super Champion

I feel the below answer and test blog is quite old (4 years).
- https://answers.splunk.com/answers/10417/splunk-on-solid-state-disk.html
- http://blogs.splunk.com/2012/05/10/quantifying-the-benefits-of-splunk-with-ssds/

Does anyone have a recent analysis and performance measurement of Splunk 6.4.x (especially) clustering with SSD?
Any other major issues if we migrate to SSD's for indexer clustering?

0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

This might not answer all of your questions but it may cover some of them. @masonmorales previewed his .conf2016 talk a while ago as part of the SplunkTrust Virtual .conf program, "Architecting Splunk for Epic Performance." Recording is here and slides are here.

If you're going to .conf, he's currently scheduled to deliver that talk on Tuesday of .conf, so you may be interested in seeing it and getting the opportunity to ask him questions above/beyond the recording. (And he would likely answer, so long as he is able to answer)

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

This might not answer all of your questions but it may cover some of them. @masonmorales previewed his .conf2016 talk a while ago as part of the SplunkTrust Virtual .conf program, "Architecting Splunk for Epic Performance." Recording is here and slides are here.

If you're going to .conf, he's currently scheduled to deliver that talk on Tuesday of .conf, so you may be interested in seeing it and getting the opportunity to ask him questions above/beyond the recording. (And he would likely answer, so long as he is able to answer)

koshyk
Super Champion

Thanks mate. Very helpful

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

I'm also here on Answers, IRC (Mason), and Slack. Let me know if I can help.

koshyk
Super Champion

@masonmorales, thanks for the slide. Any chance to know which RAID configuration you guys use for SSD?

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

@koshyk We use RAID 5, as there was no difference in performance compared to RAID 10 in our testing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...