Getting Data In

Splunk 4.1.6 - skipped indexing of internal audit event will keep dropping events until indexer congestion is remedied. Check disk space and other issues that may cause indexer to block

inquen
Engager

How would I resolve an issue like this? There appears to be ample disk space on the server hosting the Splunk installation.

1 Solution

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It probably means something is going on with the queues sending data through Splunk. I would check metrics.log for messages that show 'blocked=true'. Disk space could be part of the reason you'd run into this issue, but its sort of a generic 'things aren't healthy' message.

View solution in original post

k_harini
Communicator

How was this resolved? Please help

0 Karma

rachelneal
Path Finder

I am having the exact same problem and have ample disk space as well. I do find a lot of "blocked=true" in the metrics log but not sure how to remedy. what ended up working?

0 Karma

chicodeme
Communicator

What did it end up being?

0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It probably means something is going on with the queues sending data through Splunk. I would check metrics.log for messages that show 'blocked=true'. Disk space could be part of the reason you'd run into this issue, but its sort of a generic 'things aren't healthy' message.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...