Getting Data In

[SmartStore] How to get only frozen data to get archived in S3

brunofernandez
Explorer

Currently doing a SmartStore POC. The goal is to send only the frozen data to s3 but for an unknown reason (to me), the entire index was sent to S3....

Here is my indexes.conf:

[prometheus_dock]
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB/prometheus_dock/colddb
datatype = metric
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB/prometheus_dock/db
maxTotalDataSizeMB = 256000
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB/prometheus_dock/thaweddb
maxHotSpanSecs = 86400
frozenTimePeriodInSecs = 648000
remotePath = volume:s3/prometheus_dock

Index size in Splunk: 7.75GB

When I query aws s3 to get bucket size:

```
ws s3 ls --summarize --human-readable --recursive s3://splunkdockbucket/

Total Objects: 425
Total Size: 7.7 GiB
```

How to configure indexes.conf to only archive frozen data...?

0 Karma
1 Solution

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Smartstore is a solution for sending warm/cold data to S3. It is designed to still make the data able to be searched.

If you want to do frozen Data, take a look at the discussions here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/56522/frozen-archives-into-amazon-s3.html#answer-351891

All the best 🙂

View solution in original post

brunofernandez
Explorer

Thank you @chrisyoungerjds. I guess SmartStore is working perfectly than. tks. 🙂

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Smartstore is a solution for sending warm/cold data to S3. It is designed to still make the data able to be searched.

If you want to do frozen Data, take a look at the discussions here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/56522/frozen-archives-into-amazon-s3.html#answer-351891

All the best 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...