Getting Data In

Should we upgrade our universal forwarders from 4.3 to 6.4? Why?

gregory_cordier
Explorer

Hi,

Can you please tell me if there is any valuable reason to upgrade forwarders from 4.3 to new versions (6.x)?

We have just upgraded the indexer to 6.4. I know the minimum version for the forwarders is 4.3, so it's not mandatory to upgrade, but if there are new features or improvements, upgrade could be an option...

Thank you for your help
Greg

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would say yes. There hasn't been any new feature work that I'm aware of, but you're talking about four years of bug fixes, and 4.3 reached its end of life over two years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would say yes. There hasn't been any new feature work that I'm aware of, but you're talking about four years of bug fixes, and 4.3 reached its end of life over two years ago.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...