Getting Data In

Should we upgrade our universal forwarders from 4.3 to 6.4? Why?

gregory_cordier
Explorer

Hi,

Can you please tell me if there is any valuable reason to upgrade forwarders from 4.3 to new versions (6.x)?

We have just upgraded the indexer to 6.4. I know the minimum version for the forwarders is 4.3, so it's not mandatory to upgrade, but if there are new features or improvements, upgrade could be an option...

Thank you for your help
Greg

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would say yes. There hasn't been any new feature work that I'm aware of, but you're talking about four years of bug fixes, and 4.3 reached its end of life over two years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would say yes. There hasn't been any new feature work that I'm aware of, but you're talking about four years of bug fixes, and 4.3 reached its end of life over two years ago.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...