Getting Data In

Should I remove /datamodel_summary on local drive after migrating existing data to Smartstore ?

dm1
Contributor

I recently migrated non-smartstore indexes to Smartstore as per the doc - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Indexer/MigratetoSmartStore

However, on some of the indexers I noticed the local drive had high disk usage by Splunk, upon investigation noticed /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/index_name/datamodel_summary/ of various indexes is holding datamodel summary data that caused the high disk usage.

Considering summary replication is unnecessary for Smartstore, I dont believe the directory need to exist anymore. In this case, should empty these /datamodel_summary/ directories ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...