Getting Data In

Setting up props.conf and transforms.conf log filtering in Splunk Web. Can you point me to the relevant documentation?

Svill321
Path Finder

I apologize if this is a very obvious question, but I'm completely lost.

A project I am working on is to filter the logs coming in so they are never indexed in the first place. Using a question here, I was able to make these props.conf and tranforms.conf files:

#props
[sourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-set=setnull,setparsing

#transforms
[setnull]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

[setparsing]
REGEX = regex_to_match_at_front_(code1|code2|code3)

DSET_KEY = queue
FORMAT = indexQueue

Here is the question I got this from:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/185495/how-to-configure-propsconf-and-transformsconf-to-s-1.html

Now I need to test this. Sonce I have to do this via Splunk Web, I'm trying to set up these options in a new sourcetype, via the advanced options. I know I can set up a sourcetype to properly parse the events, but whenever I some of the code as new settings, Splunk automatically deletes them (as with TRANSFORMS-set=setnull,setparsing) or replaces them (I obviously cannot have two REGEX). Basically, is it even possible to set this up in Splunk Web? If so, can you link me to the relevant documentation. I don't have access to the backend, so I need to decide how to proceed.

Thank you.

P.S. If anyone has another way of whitelisting events, I'd like to hear about it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are advanced options which are not available from Web UI. You would need to setup these up using conf file updates.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are advanced options which are not available from Web UI. You would need to setup these up using conf file updates.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...