Getting Data In

Scrub command failing

responsys_cm
Builder

I'm trying to send a vendor some of our log data and I need to scrub the accountname and username fields in the data, but leave everything else untouched.

I edited the /opt/splunk/etc/anonymizer/private-terms.txt to include all of the accountnames and usernames that need to be anonymized. I pipe my search to scrub as follows:

| scrub private-terms=private-terms.txt

The search completes with the following error and no data: The external search command 'scrub' did not return events in descending time order, as expected.

I also tried the method described here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Troubleshooting/AnonymizedatasamplestosendtoSuppo...

But that approach scrubbed all of the data, including timestamps and seemed to ignore all of the entries I put in the public-terms.txt.

What is the easiest way to anonymize a couple of fields that have dozens of unique values in each? I know I can do it with the replace command, but that will take forever...

Thx.

Craig

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please add "overrides_timeorder = true" in commands.conf

- etc/apps/search/local/commands.conf
[scrub]
overrides_timeorder = true

Restarting Splunk is not required for this change.

<your search> | scrub private-terms=

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We'll ask our doc team to add this information

0 Karma

BenjaminWyatt
Communicator

Bump. I am getting the same error and would like to know if anyone has found a resolution to this problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...