Getting Data In

Scheduling csv view/dashboard delivery

willow75
Explorer

Hello,

i want to schedule email export csv for the view/dashboard like the pdf server :

I know do it for search but no for view/dashboard.

anybody have a solution ?

Regards,
Wilfrid

Tags (2)
0 Karma

willow75
Explorer

thanks for your responses

0 Karma

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately you cannot email all the CSV results in a view. The closest you can get to it is to schedule each of the searches that make up the view and email each of the resulting CSVs separately - you probably know this and it might not be what you want.

0 Karma

willow75
Explorer

hello,

i have only data table in my view. For pdf delivery i have this configuration :

[_ScheduledView__VIEW1]
action.email = 1
action.email.pdfview = VIEW1
action.email.sendpdf = 1
action.email.to = toto@toto.com
action.email.ttl = 10
cron_schedule = 10 1 8 * *
description = scheduled search for view name=VIEW1
dispatch.earliest_time = 1
dispatch.latest_time = 2
enableSched = 1
is_visible = 0
search = | noop

My question : is it possible to do the same thing for csv, 1 scheduling for 1 mail with all csv of the data table present in my view?

Actually i added outputcsv in the search cmd of view1, when the pdf is send the csv are generated in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk.
And i have a crontab script for send the csv.

Regards,
Wilfrid

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

what exactly do you mean by CSV delivery of a view/dashboard? If a view has multiple charts what do you want delivered?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...