Getting Data In

Reset splunk forwarder to read a file from a particular offset

raknair07
Engager

Using btprobe with --reset causes the splunk forwarder to re-read the entire file. However i want the forwarder to read only from a particular offset, and not necessarily from the beginning of the file. Can i do that? Is there a way i can set the "sptr" attribute associated with each file, to a particular value.

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would say there is no supported way to do this using the btprobe command. The btprobe tool itself is only barely supported - falling into the category of "Command Line Tools for Use with Support." Further, the documentation on btprobe does not discuss any way of accomplishing anything other than a 'full reset'.

0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

I think the answer is no. Added an upvote because I'd like an authoritative answer to this as well.

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

nice one - up voted as well

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...