Getting Data In

Reduce license usage for performance data from Add-On for VMWare

FlorianScho
Path Finder

Hi, 

i already did some research but seems our case is a bit special:

We colllect inventory and performance data from our vCenters with the Add-On for VMware (Splunk_TA_vmware) in version 4.0.2. The heavy forwarder running this TA is also the DCN. 

I am not able to restrict data collection of performance data with the given options. 
The interval can be set to higher or lower value but the data gathered from the worker is still the same. It collects all since the last input. 

Due to the fact, that we dont need performance data every 20 seconds - i would prefer an 1 hour average event . Or if not possible 1 Events per 30 minutes with the latest values. 

Is there a way to achieve this? Doesn't matter if it is by design or splunk workaround. 

Example raw data:
vm-44 500c714d-861b-2f53-1f7f-16d8e72c4e28 aggregated 20 0.04 0.04 2.79 2.73 389 410 

0 Karma
1 Solution

FlorianScho
Path Finder

A transforms INGEST_EVAL did the magic.

INGEST_EVAL = queue=if(match(_raw, "vm-") AND (random()%100)!=0, "nullQueue", "indexQueue")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FlorianScho
Path Finder

A transforms INGEST_EVAL did the magic.

INGEST_EVAL = queue=if(match(_raw, "vm-") AND (random()%100)!=0, "nullQueue", "indexQueue")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...