Getting Data In

Redirection to multiple indexes and Null queue not working

bhargavi
Path Finder

Hello, 

We are integrating the json logs via HEC into Splunk Heavy Forwarder.
I have tried the below configurations.I am applying the props for the source. In transforms, there are different regexes and I would want to route it to different indexes based on log files and route all the other files not required to a null queue. I would not be able to use FORMAT=indexqueue in transforms.conf as I cannot mention multiple indexes in inputs.conf .This is not working and I am not getting results as expected. Kindly help.

The configs are like below:

PROPS.CONF --

[source::*model-app*]
TRANSFORMS-segment=setnull,security_logs,application_logs,provisioning_logs

TRANSFORMS.CONF --

[setnull]
REGEX=class\"\:\"(.*?)\"
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

[security_logs]
REGEX=(class\"\:\"(/var/log/cron|/var/log/audit/audit.log|/var/log/messages|/var/log/secure)\")
DEST_KEY=_MetaData:Index
FORMAT=model_sec
WRITE_META=true
LOOKAHEAD=40000

[application_logs]
REGEX=(class\"\:\"(/var/log/application.log|/var/log/local*?.log)\")
FORMAT=model_app
WRITE_META=true
LOOKAHEAD=40000

[provisioning_logs]
REGEX=class\"\:\"(/opt/provgw-error_msg.log|/opt/provgw-bulkrequest.log|/opt/provgw/provgw-spml_command.log.*?)\"
FORMAT=model_prov
WRITE_META=true

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What results do you get?

If there are no other configuration items pertaining to your sources (have you tried btool props list?) I'd say that you redirect all matching sources (do you match properly? Are you sure you shouldn't use "..." instead of "*"?) to nullqueue so the index rewriting is a bit pointless since all events should get discarded in the end.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...