Getting Data In

Question about perfmon search

sieutruc
Contributor

Hello,

As we know that in Splunk Window application, we can use the search:
source=WMI:Memory OR source=WMI:CPUTime OR source=WMI:LocalPhysicalDisk | timechart avg(PercentProcessorTime) as "CPU",avg(PercentCommittedBytesInUse) as "Memory",avg(PercentDiskTime) as "Disk"
to get performance snapshot by using WMI performance data format
But with performance data got from perfmon, the structure is different, and all have the same field called "Value" for each counter of specific instance. For ex:

source="Perfmon:CPUTime"
collection=CPUTime
object=Processor
counter="% Processor Time"
instance=_Total
Value=33.697347893915754

source="Perfmon:Memory"
collection=Memory
object=Memory
counter="% Committed Bytes In Use"
Value=34.116872992745115

Can you suggest me how to do a query that gets the same result as the search above but on perfmon data ?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

MarioM
Motivator

I guess you could try something like this:

source="Perfmon:CPUTime" collection=CPUTime object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" instance=_Total | eval PercentProcessorTime=Value | append [search source="Perfmon:Memory" collection=Memory object=Memory counter="% Committed Bytes In Use" | eval PercentCommittedBytesInUse=Value] | timechart avg(PercentProcessorTime) as "CPU",avg(PercentCommittedBytesInUse) as "Memory"

View solution in original post

MarioM
Motivator

I guess you could try something like this:

source="Perfmon:CPUTime" collection=CPUTime object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" instance=_Total | eval PercentProcessorTime=Value | append [search source="Perfmon:Memory" collection=Memory object=Memory counter="% Committed Bytes In Use" | eval PercentCommittedBytesInUse=Value] | timechart avg(PercentProcessorTime) as "CPU",avg(PercentCommittedBytesInUse) as "Memory"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...