Getting Data In

Props.conf timezone settings for Eastern? And do I need to reboot any peers?

hrithiktej
Communicator

In our Slave-Apps directory on the 2 peers/indexers we have a custom app created by the prev admin which has setting for TZ to UTC for network devices that are on UTC. Now i am adding new data source (i.e. AD security logs) using UFs on DCs and our DCs are all in EST TZ and hence i would need to list EST TZ in the props.conf.

My Questions are

1) Is this the right stanza for EST time entry
[WinEventLog://Security]
TZ = US/Eastern

I understand i will have to do this on master-apps folder on cluster master and then apply config bundle

2) Will this require a reboot of any peers ?

1 Solution

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi there,

1 - Yes thats correct

2 - Yes, the cluster master will initiate a restart of its cluster members once you apply the new cluster bundle. Please see here for what requires a restart and what doesnt..

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.3/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations#Restart_or_reload...

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...