Getting Data In

Possible bug in Monitoring Console (Indexing->Inputs-Data Quality->Timestamp Parsing issues)

Azeemering
Builder

Hi,

I have a logfile that generates exceptions. When there is no exception it just generates event lines with a header and a footer.
These events without a timestamp generate timestamp parsing issues as expected.
This is shown in the MC-->ndexing->Inputs-Data Quality->Timestamp Parsing issues.

All correct so far....

So I have created a props and transforms to send these garbage header and footer events to the nullqueue. This works fine.
When I now search for this sourcetype the garbage events do no show up anymore. Exactly what I want....
But in the Monitoring Console this sourcetype / header footer garbage events still generate timestamp parsing issues.
I think this is a bug in Splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...