Getting Data In

One random searchhead showing up on the DMC Index Performance dashboard

bcronrath
Path Finder

I have one random searchhead that keeps showing up under the "Indexing Performance by Instance" portion of the Indexing Performance dashboard of the DMC. It says it has an inedxing rate of 0 kb/s. It does not show up on any of the other Indexing related dashboards of the DMC and also does not show up under the index clustering displays on the index cluster master. Any ideas as to why this one random search head would be showing up under indexing performance?

0 Karma
1 Solution

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

On your DMC go to Settings > Monitoring Console > Settings (in the grey bar) > General Setup

Find the name of the node > click on edit > edit server roles

Remove any roles not related to a search head. I'm guessing it's marked as an "indexer".

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!

View solution in original post

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

On your DMC go to Settings > Monitoring Console > Settings (in the grey bar) > General Setup

Find the name of the node > click on edit > edit server roles

Remove any roles not related to a search head. I'm guessing it's marked as an "indexer".

----

bcronrath
Path Finder

That was it! Thank you so much

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Glad to hear that was the resolution and happy to help.
The DMC "role" doesn't actually affect the behavior of the node, only how it's reflected in the reporting.

----
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...