Getting Data In

Not allowing to change sourcetype for UDP

satishp
Explorer

I have UDP 514 input data configured for syslog but somehow if i select sourcetype From list : syslog and save

it automatically revert back to "Manual" syslog

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LCM
Contributor

I guess, I know what you mean. As long as your sourcetype is correct, everything is ok. Either you set it manually or from the list (that doesn't matter, even if it jumps back, when you "verify" your entry)

When you go to Manager » Data inputs » UDP and in Column "Source type" is syslog, everything's fine

View solution in original post

LCM
Contributor

I guess, I know what you mean. As long as your sourcetype is correct, everything is ok. Either you set it manually or from the list (that doesn't matter, even if it jumps back, when you "verify" your entry)

When you go to Manager » Data inputs » UDP and in Column "Source type" is syslog, everything's fine

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...