Getting Data In

Noob:Inputlookup match Security ID fileds

je13aier74

Trying to use a CSV for inputlookup the username field should be Security_ID and there is only one column with the Security_ID in the CSV.

I just want my search results to show events that have the Security_IDs that are in the CSV. I'm a total noob so I'm very confused. Any assist would be greatly appreciated. I know this doesn't work below, but don't know why 🙂

| inputlookup departmentusers.csv
| fields Security_ID
| index="wineventlog" EventCode="4740" host="MyPDC"

Tags (2)
0 Karma

je13aier74

This failed to work for me. States "Error in 'lookup' command: Could not construct lookup 'departmentusers.csv, Security_ID, OUTPUTNEW'. See search.log for more details."

Everything I've seen shows that the InputLookup has to be first so it's confusing to say the least.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index="wineventlog" EventCode="4740" host="MyPDC" [| inputlookup departmentusers.csv | fields Security_ID]
0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

Search then apply a lookup

index="wineventlog" EventCode="4740" host="MyPDC" | lookup departmentusers.csv Security_ID OUTPUTNEW
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...