Getting Data In

New Windows Performance Monitoring not working

flyers777
Explorer

Hello,

First time posting here and I have been hitting a break wall today. I have been trying to add two new Windows Performance Monitors from a forwarder.

Here is an example of the one that is currently working.
Collection Name: Test_Processor
Index:perfmon_test
This one is working the one below is setup the same way and I have double checked both the local and remote server inputs.conf file and they are updated with what I am requesting Splunk to send back.
Here is an example of one that is not working
[perfmon://Test_System]
disabled = 0
index = perfmon_test
instances = ;
interval = 60
object = System
counters = File Read Bytes/sec;File Read Operations/sec;File Write Bytes/sec;File Write Operations/sec;System Up Time;Processes;

I have restarted the Forwarder service and the Splunk services and still have no luck. Was wondering if anyone else has had any luck or a similar problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

flyers777
Explorer

Just wanted to update everyone the solution was to remove the empty field of instances. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

flyers777
Explorer

Just wanted to update everyone the solution was to remove the empty field of instances. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...