Getting Data In

New Windows Performance Monitoring not working

flyers777
Explorer

Hello,

First time posting here and I have been hitting a break wall today. I have been trying to add two new Windows Performance Monitors from a forwarder.

Here is an example of the one that is currently working.
Collection Name: Test_Processor
Index:perfmon_test
This one is working the one below is setup the same way and I have double checked both the local and remote server inputs.conf file and they are updated with what I am requesting Splunk to send back.
Here is an example of one that is not working
[perfmon://Test_System]
disabled = 0
index = perfmon_test
instances = ;
interval = 60
object = System
counters = File Read Bytes/sec;File Read Operations/sec;File Write Bytes/sec;File Write Operations/sec;System Up Time;Processes;

I have restarted the Forwarder service and the Splunk services and still have no luck. Was wondering if anyone else has had any luck or a similar problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

flyers777
Explorer

Just wanted to update everyone the solution was to remove the empty field of instances. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

flyers777
Explorer

Just wanted to update everyone the solution was to remove the empty field of instances. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...