Getting Data In

Need to collect from multiple opsec instances

christianvalin
Explorer

In my case, I have multiple and separate Checkpoint management consoles (production, staging, development). I tried to create a new connection to staging after having my production instance operate for about a year. Trouble is that the new connection I just tried for Staging is not yet trusted. From the docs for the opsec app (version 2.0.4, latest), it seems like if I import the certificate I would unintentionally replace the certificate I need to support production. I told the 'wizard' that I already have a certificate. Do I need to have the opsec app installed once again for each new console (not firewall but management console) on my indexer and how do I accomplish that OR have I just missed something in my assumptions? Ideally I want to log each environment to a unique index so forwarding logs to one environment would work but it would not give me the isolation I need. How do I get my three management consoles monitored and events into Splunk? Has anyone else had a similar situation?

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, you only need one instance of the app. We have customers monitoring firewall data from scores of FW-1, MDS, etc.

If you need to pull a certificate from your staging environment, you should set up a new connection and follow the docs steps to pull a new certificate for that environment. It will not overwrite your old certificate. For each connection you create, you can have the data sent to a different index.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, you only need one instance of the app. We have customers monitoring firewall data from scores of FW-1, MDS, etc.

If you need to pull a certificate from your staging environment, you should set up a new connection and follow the docs steps to pull a new certificate for that environment. It will not overwrite your old certificate. For each connection you create, you can have the data sent to a different index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...