Getting Data In

Need help to filter the top five sources

mike7860
Explorer

I need to find the top five sources. As Splunk displays as a default the top ten commonly used or found values. I need to narrow it down to find the top 5 source files. I have tried using the following search criteria but nothing displays:
index=summary_volume report=volume_source | eval _time=info_max_time | timechart span=1m latest(VOL_MB) by series | top limit=5 source

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mike7860
Explorer

it doesn't display any results.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

How do you define "top 5"? Is it the five sources with the greatest total volume over the whole time period? If so, this should do it:

index=summary_volume report=volume_source | eval _time=info_max_time 
| timechart span=1m limit=5 latest(VOL_MB) by series

Although I do wonder about what is in your "summary_volume" index. If you inserted data into the summary index using an sitimechart command, then there should be a field called search_name, not report. And you should also not need to do an eval to create the _time field.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...