Getting Data In

Need CPU and Memory peak utilization of multiple VM's

bhanue

Hi All,
I am very new to Splunk.

My organisation uses Splunk for all infra monitoring, I am trying to get the "Peak CPU average" (or) the highest CPU hit per instance in last 24 hours of all my Azure VM's (it's Windows and Linux combo).

I am able to get average average using bellow query, but I need peak average - Can you please help.

host=AZR* index="perfmon" source="Perfmon:CPU" counter="% Processor Time" | stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by host

host=AZR* index="perfmon" source="Perfmon:Memory" counter="% Committed Bytes In Use" | stats avg(Value) as AvgMemory by host

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

There are several ways to do this - use |stats max(Value) for the highest value across your result set
If you want the peak average value, you can use your existing search, and just massage the results a bit with something like

...| stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by host|sort - avgcpu|head 1

If you wanted to use the stats function again, you could instead do:

...| stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by host|stats max(avgcpu) as maxAvgCpu by host

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

There are several ways to do this - use |stats max(Value) for the highest value across your result set
If you want the peak average value, you can use your existing search, and just massage the results a bit with something like

...| stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by host|sort - avgcpu|head 1

If you wanted to use the stats function again, you could instead do:

...| stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by host|stats max(avgcpu) as maxAvgCpu by host

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...