Getting Data In

Monitor remote directory

Sheela
Path Finder

I want to monitor a directory that resides on another machine which has a Splunk forwarder on it. There is one specific directory which needs to be monitored and I cannot find the proper documentation which points me towards it. Can someone please tell me how to do this via the GUI and the config files?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bbingham
Builder

The easiest way, simply add your directory you'd like to monitor on your forwarder through the gui prior to enabling it as a forwarder.

If you've already done set the machine as a forwarder, simply follow the cli instructions for adding an input. Below is the link to the page in the documentation you're looking for:

Configure your inputs

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bbingham
Builder

The easiest way, simply add your directory you'd like to monitor on your forwarder through the gui prior to enabling it as a forwarder.

If you've already done set the machine as a forwarder, simply follow the cli instructions for adding an input. Below is the link to the page in the documentation you're looking for:

Configure your inputs

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...