Getting Data In

Monitor RabbitMQ queues and exchanges

rjlohan
Explorer

I am interested in using Splunk to monitor queue depths and message timings on a RabbitMQ install. I've found the AMQP modular input plugin, but it seems that this plugin actually pulls messages from the queues, which I don't want to do. The rabbit management UI has some ootb graph widgets which would be useful, but I'd like to provide a single dashboard for monitoring this data in Splunk.

What's the best way to approach this scenario? Is this plugin correct? Do I need to observe the Rabbit logs (they are pretty verbose and would consume a fair chunk of index volume)

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

To monitor RabbitMQ metrics , you could install the RabbitMQ HTTP Management plugin ,and then use the REST API Modular Input to monitor the management endpoints that have the metrics that you are interested in.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

To monitor RabbitMQ metrics , you could install the RabbitMQ HTTP Management plugin ,and then use the REST API Modular Input to monitor the management endpoints that have the metrics that you are interested in.

rjlohan
Explorer

Thanks Damien, I'll take a look.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...