Getting Data In

Monitor AD Group Changes?

andybento

Hi All,

Trying to understand how I can get the recent membership changes, query working for Domain Admins group. I want to see what there are changes (eithering adding or removing) users from the Domain Admins. Have tried a few queries but no results.
Wondering anyone out there could assist?

'group-changes-for-group("My Domain Name","Domain Admins")`

Thanks,

0 Karma

Simon_Mantell
Engager

If you've got AD data coming in, you can run something like this. Have it set to run every 5 minutes, and send a notification if it detects a the windows log event. Your sed commands will vary based on your local structure.

index=*index_name* (EventCode=4728 OR EventCode=4729) earliest=-5m latest=now (Group_Name="*Domain Admins*" OR Group_Name="*Group2*")
| rename src_user AS "Actioned By", src_user_first AS "First Name" src_user_last AS "Last Name" name as "Action Taken"
| rex mode=sed field="Account_Name" "s/CN=//g"
| rex mode=sed field="Account_Name" "s/cn=//g"
| rex mode=sed field="Account_Name" "s/,OU.*//g" 
| rex mode=sed field="Account_Name" "s/\\\//g" 
| table "Actioned By"  "First Name"  "Last Name" Account_Name "Action Taken" Group_Name Account_Domain _time
| sort - _time

satishsdange
Builder

Please try Splunk App for Windows Infra (https://apps.splunk.com/app/1680/). It has prebuilt dashboards for AD environment.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...