Getting Data In

Migrating existing splunk reports (around 70) to new environment

assrinivas

Hi

I am new to splunk with basic idea.

I have been assigned a new project (banking domain) on splunk.

Background is, existing splunk environment is being maintained by one vendor and his contract got over and we are taking over.

We are going to get new hardware from the customer

1. Need to set up the splunk environment (QA/Production) on Linux operating system
  2. Migrate the existing splunk reports(70) to newly set up environment.

Please help me on the above requirements. I have gone through some splunk videos to get some idea. Since I do not have hands on, I am a bit nervous. please help me with the steps.

Thanks&Regards
Srinivas

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

@assrinivas

if you want to migrate only report, then the reports configuration is saved in savedsearches.conf file. So you can copy
savedsearches.conf file from the old instance to the new instance.

you have to copy it from all apps. Location will be \opt\splunk\etc\system\local AND \opt\splunk\etc\apps\<app_name>\<local\default>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

@assrinivas

if you want to migrate only report, then the reports configuration is saved in savedsearches.conf file. So you can copy
savedsearches.conf file from the old instance to the new instance.

you have to copy it from all apps. Location will be \opt\splunk\etc\system\local AND \opt\splunk\etc\apps\<app_name>\<local\default>

0 Karma

assrinivas

Thank you so much for the response. I will follow the steps as you mentioned.

0 Karma

assrinivas

Hi

In continuation to the above requirement, I think we need to migrate everything from existing setup to the new one not only reports.

Please help me with what and all I will have to migrate and how to migrate (like reports).

Thanks&Regards
Srinivas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...