Getting Data In

Mark values in Diagram

Linze99
Explorer

Hi,

so I have a Bargraph with many values. The enduser who has to use that bargraph needs to see if the values are over or under certain values at some point. Thats why I want to draw a line at both the max allowed value and the min needed value. I attached a picture of how I want it to look. Is it possible to achieve something like this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe you are trying to add threshold values to your Column chart. If so please try in adding the threshold limits via eval . And add them as chart overlays as shown below

index=_internal sourcetype=splunk* | stats count by sourcetype | eval lower_threshold = 400 | eval higher_threshold = 6000

skrajkumar_splu_0-1635605968695.png

skrajkumar_splu_1-1635606022910.png

View solution in original post

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe you are trying to add threshold values to your Column chart. If so please try in adding the threshold limits via eval . And add them as chart overlays as shown below

index=_internal sourcetype=splunk* | stats count by sourcetype | eval lower_threshold = 400 | eval higher_threshold = 6000

skrajkumar_splu_0-1635605968695.png

skrajkumar_splu_1-1635606022910.png

Linze99
Explorer

Hi again,

I now managed to show these thresholds in my chart. There is one Problem: I need the threshold on the X Axis not on the Y Axis(as I showed in the picture in my initial post above). Is there a way to do that?

0 Karma

Linze99
Explorer

Thanks for the reply,

this seems to be exactly what I need, but I am not able to achieve the same result as you with my chart. I want to show just the value of one particular field and how often the different values exist. I do this via the pivot Tool. I cant find the Overlay option. DoI have to use the eval command?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...