Getting Data In

Many small files - high memory usage Splunk Forwarder- Is there a way to reduce?

nessaner
Explorer

Is there a way to reduce memory usage for splunk Forwarder? I have two directories with 57k files each (120Mb each) and After restarting service I checked Task manager and memory usage reach 2Gb. I can't reduce the number of files because I've already done that and can't reduce more. I'm sure that the issue is with those directories because after I delete them from inputs.conf memory reach only 100Mb. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @nessaner,

this is aknown windows problem related to the access to DNS that was solved in a past release.

If it's still present, ask to Splunk Support for the solution.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @nessaner,

this is aknown windows problem related to the access to DNS that was solved in a past release.

If it's still present, ask to Splunk Support for the solution.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @nessaner,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...