Getting Data In

Looking for solutions for Linux/Unix Auditing?

kymenope
Explorer

Fairly new Splunk user here looking for Linux auditing solutions.  I am running a disconnected version of Splunk Enterprise and thus cannot make use of the content pack which replaced the application and add-on according to SplunkBase. 

Am I still able to use the archived applications and add-on? 

Realistically I am seeking a solution that would allow me to configure the universal forwarders I'm using to send the appropriate data so I can create queries via the linux_secure sourcetype.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I'm not sure if I understood right your question.

There is no need to be a connection between your instance and splunkbase. Just download those apps/TAs etc from it to your workstation and then transfer those with any usable way to your UF's, DS and/or Splunk enterprise instances. Then just install those as instructions said and start to use those.

That's the way how I do installation almost every time. I use that direct connection to splunkbase only on my test/demo etc. instances, never on production systems.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I'm not sure if I understood right your question.

There is no need to be a connection between your instance and splunkbase. Just download those apps/TAs etc from it to your workstation and then transfer those with any usable way to your UF's, DS and/or Splunk enterprise instances. Then just install those as instructions said and start to use those.

That's the way how I do installation almost every time. I use that direct connection to splunkbase only on my test/demo etc. instances, never on production systems.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...