Getting Data In

Log fetching issues - Http event collector

krvamsireddy
Explorer

Hi ,we created a token and shared with the enduser to configure and send the logs on secure https.

if i run the curl command then it is successful for first 2 or 3  times after that i am facing the 
OpenSSL SSL_connect : SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL  issue and again in middle of i see some success messages.  how to find the root cause for this problem.

krvamsireddy_0-1600172798757.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

krvamsireddy
Explorer

i tried with curl -v got some details like - If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate

krvamsireddy_0-1600176239130.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try

curl -v -k ...

so at least the certificate verification is switched off - alternatively, add the CA certificate to your trust store.

Interesting that it works sometimes and not others. Do you have multiple splunk servers (behind a load balancer perhaps)? 

0 Karma

krvamsireddy
Explorer

we are forwarding the data directly to search head from there it will move to indexer and we have 2 indexers

alternatively, add the CA certificate to your trust store - where to add at client or in splunk ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try adding the verbose option to curl

curl -v ...

and see what other information you can find out 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...