Getting Data In

Locate Splunk Cloud Host details for Universal Forwarder

JamesMArisTX
Loves-to-Learn

Good Afternoon - I am new to Splunk and setting this up.
My aim is to push IIS W3C formatted files from our web server into Splunk Cloud. 

I have installed the Universal forwarder on the web server where the log files currently are, and i am in the process of configuring the forwarder however i am having issues. 

I have set up an index ready (i believe), however when attempting to configure the output.conf file i am not sure how to populate the command 

./splunk add forward-server <host name or ip address>:<listening port>

Where can i locate the hostname and listening port for my Splunk Cloud Deployment?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Don't use that command.  Go to the Universal Forwarder app in your Splunk Cloud instance and follow the instructions there.  It will have an app for you to download and install on your UF.  That app contains the information you need.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...