Getting Data In

List all Search commands within Splunk ?

koshyk
Super Champion

Hi guys,

Is there a way to list all search commands && a short description from Splunk engine? (As mentioned in docs). This is to help develop in corporate mode where there is no internet connection.

| rest /services/data/commands | table title

I tried above commands and it provides some of the commands, but not all.
Is there a way to display all "Splunk search" commands in above manner?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dtburrows3
Builder

Not sure if this all of them, but I think it should cover any command defined in a searchbnf.conf file.

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-searchbnf
    | fields + title, shortdesc, description, eai:acl.app, eai:acl.sharing, usage
    | search title="*-command"
    | eval
        command=replace(title, "-command$", "")
    | fields + command, shortdesc, description

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The rest command you mentioned lists only the Python commands (not all built-in commands), and I am not sure there is any dynamic way to get that list and/or descriptions. Best way will be to prepare content with all search commands (count~130). It could be an html/pdf/lookup and will be available for offline use.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You could save some of the documentation as a PDF:

Search Command Cheat Sheet

If you look at the left bar, you will see a red link for downloading the entire manual as a PDF. Notice that there is both a Cheat Sheet and a Quick Reference Guide that can be downloaded as PDFs as well.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

thanks Lisa. I was actually looking for automated way using "REST"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...