Getting Data In

Line breaking for output via Powershell Script

shugup2923
Path Finder

I have created an app with for running powershell script which gives output as below-

@{Date=05/08/2020;  ARRAY=Server1; LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=1; LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE=05/07/2020; OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=62}
@{Date=05/08/2020;  ARRAY=Server2; LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=1; LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE=05/07/2020; OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=62}
@{Date=05/08/2020;  ARRAY=Server3; LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=1; LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE=05/07/2020; OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=62}
@{Date=05/08/2020;  ARRAY=Server3; LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=0; LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE=05/08/2020; OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=112}

These events are coming as a single event, I need every line as a separate event for which I tried giving props.conf for my sourcetype as

[my_sourcetype]
LINE_BREAKER =([\r\n]+)
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

But after this also,I am not able to get separate events ? Any suggestion over this ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

shivanshu1593
Builder

Try and implement the same regex ([\r\n]+) on your search head as well,by going to sourcetypes, your sourcetype and adding the regex there.
If that doesn't help you try this regex on props and the search head.

\}[\r\n]+[@]

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you,

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Try and implement the same regex ([\r\n]+) on your search head as well,by going to sourcetypes, your sourcetype and adding the regex there.
If that doesn't help you try this regex on props and the search head.

\}[\r\n]+[@]

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you,

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

There is not REGEX capture. please fix it.

[my_sourcetype]
pulldown_type = true
LINE_BREAKER = (@{|}[\r\n]+)
NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
TIME_FORMAT = %m/%d/%Y;
TIME_PREFIX = Date=
category = Custom
description = powershell output
disabled = false
EXTRACT-extractFields = Date=(?<Date>[^;]+);\s*ARRAY=(?<ARRAY>[^;]+);\s[^=]+=(?<latest_Snapshot>\d);\s[^=]+=(?<latest_Snapshot_date>[^;]+);\s[^=]+=(?<oldest_Snapshot>\d+)
0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

I have a search head cluster, So is there any another way to update sourcetype on search head cluster ?
Or we can add on any search head member- by going to sourcetype>add new sourcetype >adding it there ?

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Could you try the regex which I gave on the props.conf only and see if that breaks the events for you. Please restart the service as well.

Where is your props.conf stored? HF, Indexers?

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

My props.conf is stored universal forwarder ? will it work from universal forwarder ?
or do i need this to updated on indexers ?

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Yeah. This will not work on Universal forwarders. You'll have to implement it on your Indexers. It'll work then.

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

Yes, It worked ,thanks so much

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

What can I do so fields are automatically extracted, such as
NAS ARRAY
LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)
OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)
LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE
@{Date=05/08/2020; NAS ARRAY=SERVER1; LATEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=1; LATEST SNAPSHOT DATE=05/08/2020; OLDEST SNAPSHOT(In Days)=107}
host = DC2VM-AUTOM-I01 source = Powershell sourcetype = NAS:Snapshot

As of now ARRAY and DATE is only extracted

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

You have multiple ways to extract these events. You can extract them on your search head using fields extractor, you can also extract them using your props.conf, by using different regexes for different fields. Whatever suits your current requirement the best. I'm using both the methods to extract some fields with different types of data.

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...