IndiaSales

Query I am using:

my index
| rename count_target{} as target
| rename Date{} as voltage
| spath input=voltage path=voltage output=someOtherField
| spath input=someOtherField
| foreach voltage*
[ eval voltage=mvappend(voltage, '<<FIELD>>')] | spath input=target path=target output=someOtherField1
| spath input=someOtherField1
| foreach target*
[ eval target=mvappend(target, '<<FIELD>>')] | mvexpand target| mvexpand voltage
| stats values(voltage) as Date values(target) as Count_Target by Vendor, Name,Site,Type

Can you please help?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are using foreach incorrectly - you only have one field that matches voltage* and target* - foreach doesn't iterate through the multivalues in the field - you could use mvmap to do that but I am not sure that would help you in this instance. From your SPL, it looks like you already have the fields extracted from the json, but I have used spath in this runanywhere example

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="{\"delete_me\": \"True\", \"vendor\": \"Dbruzy\", \"site\": \"India\", \"type\": \"Sales\", \"name\": \"Rahul\", \"date\": [\"10-jan-2022\", \"30-dec-2022\"], \"count_target\": [\"1700\", \"300\"]}"
| table _raw
| spath

| rename date{} as voltage
| mvexpand target
| streamstats count as row by name site type vendor
| eval voltage=mvindex(voltage,row-1)
| fields - row

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't see how your SPL matches the example json you shared. Please can you share the raw json in a code block </>

vivekkumarkk
Explorer

Thanks for the response.

My SPL may not be right. You can find the raw data:

{"delete_me": "True", "vendor": "Dbruzy", "site": "India", "type": "Sales", "name": "Rahul", "date": ["10-jan-2022", "30-dec-2022"], "count_target": ["1700", "300"]}

SPL I corrected in below way:

my index
| rename Date{} as voltage
| foreach voltage*
[ eval voltage=mvappend(voltage, '<<FIELD>>')]
| foreach target*
[ eval target=mvappend(target, '<<FIELD>>')] | mvexpand target| mvexpand voltage
| stats values(voltage) as Date values(target) as Count_Target by Vendor, Name,Site,Type
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are using foreach incorrectly - you only have one field that matches voltage* and target* - foreach doesn't iterate through the multivalues in the field - you could use mvmap to do that but I am not sure that would help you in this instance. From your SPL, it looks like you already have the fields extracted from the json, but I have used spath in this runanywhere example

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="{\"delete_me\": \"True\", \"vendor\": \"Dbruzy\", \"site\": \"India\", \"type\": \"Sales\", \"name\": \"Rahul\", \"date\": [\"10-jan-2022\", \"30-dec-2022\"], \"count_target\": [\"1700\", \"300\"]}"
| table _raw
| spath

| rename date{} as voltage
| mvexpand target
| streamstats count as row by name site type vendor
| eval voltage=mvindex(voltage,row-1)
| fields - row

vivekkumarkk
Explorer

Thank You @ITWhisperer 

😌

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...