Getting Data In

Is there a way to determine if a Linux Splunk Forwarder has accepted the license after it's been installed?

jmaple
Communicator

Is there a way yo determine if the license has been accepted on a fresh installation or upgrade of a universal forwarder on a *nix machine? A file/line in a file that aren't present until after the license is accetped? I'm using BigFix to deploy the 6.2.3 upgrade in our environment and don't have access to the *nix machines and need to confirm that the task completes.

1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Quickly installing the UF on a VM, and doing a recursive LS on the contents, accepting the license, and doing the same, it looks like the best thing to check would be the existence of the $SPLUNK_HOME/ftr file. If that exists then the license has NOT yet been accepted. There are a number of other changes on first run, but in an upgrade scenario I would think the majority of these should already exist.

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Quickly installing the UF on a VM, and doing a recursive LS on the contents, accepting the license, and doing the same, it looks like the best thing to check would be the existence of the $SPLUNK_HOME/ftr file. If that exists then the license has NOT yet been accepted. There are a number of other changes on first run, but in an upgrade scenario I would think the majority of these should already exist.

jmaple
Communicator

Looks like that's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...