Getting Data In

Is there a plan to release a Universal Forwarder for the Raspberry Pi 2?

llazon

Is there a plan to release a Universal Forwarder for the Raspberry Pi 2? With a different processor, it's my understanding that it will need to be recompiled...

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's still ARM based right? Have you tried the instructions here?: http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/10/21/how-to-splunk-data-from-a-raspberry-pi-three-easy-steps/

Worse comes to worse, you could utilize syslog to send out to another machine with the universal forwarder.

0 Karma

llazon

Yup, I followed the steps and am unable to run the splunk command to configure/start. I have a 1st gen raspberry pi that works fine.

The Pi is an ARMv6k, the PI 2 is an ARMv7.

I have quite a few servers in my network and using Splunk's Forwarder Management, it would be a shame not to be able to use it here. I would expect that the demand will rise for this as the PI 2 becomes for commonplace. Thoughts on how to get this request seen by Splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...