Getting Data In

Is it possible to run scripted input on the search peer?

aa70627
Communicator

Is it possible to run scripted input on the search peer? Also, is it possible to ensure it runs from all search peers ? Thanks ahead of time. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aa70627,

which scripted input are you speaking for?

in other words, what do you want t otake with it? local or remote logs?

if local, there isn't any problem, you can distribute it to all indexers via Master Node and the logs are indexed on the same Indexer.

If you're speaking of remote logs, there's the problem that you probably you need only one execution of the script and not more than one.

Could you better describe your need?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

aa70627
Communicator

My initial question was for the scripted input logs within local server. I wanted to run a script form each indexer and send the data to splunk. I was able to confirm it works the same as a scripted input on UF or SH. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aa70627,

which scripted input are you speaking for?

in other words, what do you want t otake with it? local or remote logs?

if local, there isn't any problem, you can distribute it to all indexers via Master Node and the logs are indexed on the same Indexer.

If you're speaking of remote logs, there's the problem that you probably you need only one execution of the script and not more than one.

Could you better describe your need?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...