Getting Data In

Is it possible to run scripted input on the search peer?

aa70627
Communicator

Is it possible to run scripted input on the search peer? Also, is it possible to ensure it runs from all search peers ? Thanks ahead of time. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aa70627,

which scripted input are you speaking for?

in other words, what do you want t otake with it? local or remote logs?

if local, there isn't any problem, you can distribute it to all indexers via Master Node and the logs are indexed on the same Indexer.

If you're speaking of remote logs, there's the problem that you probably you need only one execution of the script and not more than one.

Could you better describe your need?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

aa70627
Communicator

My initial question was for the scripted input logs within local server. I wanted to run a script form each indexer and send the data to splunk. I was able to confirm it works the same as a scripted input on UF or SH. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aa70627,

which scripted input are you speaking for?

in other words, what do you want t otake with it? local or remote logs?

if local, there isn't any problem, you can distribute it to all indexers via Master Node and the logs are indexed on the same Indexer.

If you're speaking of remote logs, there's the problem that you probably you need only one execution of the script and not more than one.

Could you better describe your need?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...