Getting Data In

Is it possible to pull data from a REST API to Splunk trial?

mpatterson

Hi all, 

I am trying to configure a REST API (OAuth) into a Splunk cloud trial environment. I'm running into issues and not seeing a clear way to pull this data in. I've tried using the HTTP event collector with no luck. 

I want to consume and search on the events that are pulled. Could this be a limitation on my cloud trial? Anything I'm missing? 

I did find an app called "REST API Modular Input" that seems to work with splunk enterprise, but not splunk cloud. is there a free equivalent on splunk cloud splunkbase?

Thanks,

Michelle

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

General guidance has been to run inputs on an on-prem heavy forwarder (HF) that forwards the data it collects to Splunk Cloud.  That changes with the Victoria experience, but is limited by apps that are approved for Cloud.  Unapproved apps have to be run on an HF.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...