Getting Data In

Is it possible to open a txt file from the Splunk framework and write on it?

Federica_92
Communicator

Hi everyone,
Can I open a file from the splunk framework, a txt file, and write on it?

Thank you,

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

koshyk
Super Champion

Ways I can think of
- using outputlookup (This overwrites or you need to be clever to get all data and then overwrite everything)
- using outputtext
- Call a python script which can edit/append data into a file

Please be aware of permission restrictions.

View solution in original post

koshyk
Super Champion

Ways I can think of
- using outputlookup (This overwrites or you need to be clever to get all data and then overwrite everything)
- using outputtext
- Call a python script which can edit/append data into a file

Please be aware of permission restrictions.

juvetm
Communicator

hi federica
i now understand you very well it mean that you want to write on text file meaning why you are on splunk framework this are the steps
1-go to destination on which the text file is right click on the text file
2-a dialog box will open go to properties click on it
3-a new dialog box will open click on security on the menu above
-on security on the name of the group of the user choice the name of your machine that you are working with
-if you do not have an autorisation on the text file i advise you to click on modify button below after the first layout
4- another new dialog box will open then you chose the name of you of your machine again
- on the administration autorisation on the give permission if the check box under it are uncheck please i advise you to check all the check box that are give under permission after doing that
5 click ok and go to the text file that you want to write on it and open and write it and save it that is all i am waiting to hear from you it work
thanks

0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

hi federica
i have something for i belief i you following this proceduce it can be possible you can be the grand administator on your machine in which you can access the text file as you wanted but i will give but a link to help on the following steps but it is in french i believe you can use a translation google to understand it this the link
http://www.chantal11.com/2010/01/activer-compte-grand-administrateur-windows-7-edition-familiale/
i am waiting to hear you reply
thanks

0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

hi federica
please federica what exactly are you doing what program are using i know what you give me above is use in C Programming ,if that is what you want to do, using splunk know that it is not possible
thanks

0 Karma

Federica_92
Communicator

I'm sorry but I mean " using splunk " So open the file with the splunk framework.
" fopen("name_File")" ...

0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

hi federica
yes this is possible what you have to do is to copy the txt file to desktop and from there you can open it and on write it and after that you can carry the txt file to the destination were you copy it
thanks

0 Karma

Federica_92
Communicator

" using the splunk framework"....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...