Getting Data In

Is it possible to assign EnvironmentB more of our license and EnvironmentA to a different stack on the same indexer?

fredkaiser
Path Finder

We have an indexer where we have multiple environments (A and B) sending logs to this one indexer.

My question: Is there a way without setting up a new indexer (server). To assign environment A more of the license than B without pointing environment B to a new indexer and assigning that indexer to a different stack?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand you correctly, all logs are going to a single indexer. In that case, all environments are using that single license installed on the indexer. If you are using license Stacks - remove them all and use a single pool for the entire indexer. Then all the data uses 1 license.

0 Karma

fredkaiser
Path Finder

yes we have single indexer and all the logs go there. We want to use Stacks so we can assign more of the licence to one of the environments. But still use one indexer. So your answer won't help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...