Getting Data In

Is it best practice to use useACK in outputs.conf

ekenne06
Path Finder

I have inherited a SPlunk environment and one thing i've noticed is that one all of our heavy forwarders are using useACK.  Is this best practice? we are seeing duplicate events due to this, and I wanted to see if I should work on tailoring the config for indexer acknowledgement, or if I should just disable it and move on. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your goals.  To prevent data loss, useACK is recommended.  Acknowledgement increases the chances of data duplication, however, so that needs to be accounted for in searches.  Choose to use useACK based on which scenario is least painful to you.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your goals.  To prevent data loss, useACK is recommended.  Acknowledgement increases the chances of data duplication, however, so that needs to be accounted for in searches.  Choose to use useACK based on which scenario is least painful to you.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...