Getting Data In

Is Splunkd service in windows a forwarder ???How to find out my privileges in splunk(eg.,Admin or user or ....)???

rashokciet

1.Is Splunkd service in windows a splunk forwarder???
2.How to find out my previlages in splunkweb(https://splunkxxxxx.com) ???

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator
  1. No, splunkd is not a forwarder
  2. To see your privilages:

-- If you don't know your Roles, first navigate to Settings-->Access controls-->Users to see your Roles
    -- Once you know your Roles, navigate to Settings-->Access controls-->Roles, click on your Role name and see your privilages(capabilities).

SGF

rashokciet

What is splunkd service??What is the difference between Splunkd service and splunk forwarder??
I cant see Access controls option in Settings in splunkweb so do i require admin access to view the Users/roles ??

Thanks.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator
  1. splunkd is a distributed C/C++ server that accesses, processes, and indexes streaming machine data and handles search requests.
  2. The forwarder can not handle searche requests. It consume data locally and then forward the data across the network to another Splunk Enterprise component, called the indexer which indexes the data and runs searches..
  3. Yes of course you should have admin Role to view the Users Roles.
SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...