Getting Data In

Input Type="Text" Length Question

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey, I'm hoping this will be straight forward 🙂

In the following code:

<fieldset> <input type="text" token="name">

What attribute would I need to add to this input type to increase the size/length of the text box?

The current length is not adequate to display all of the data I wish to enter for a form search.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Ant1D
Motivator

I managed to solve my own problem lol.

I inserted the following code into a custom application.css file:

input

{ width:500px;}

This CSS code enables me to change the properties of any tag named input. In this case, I just specified a larger width than the default for the text boxes in my form.

View solution in original post

mcronkrite
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can specify a custom stylesheet within the form element in simple xml:

<form stylesheet="large_input.css">

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

I managed to solve my own problem lol.

I inserted the following code into a custom application.css file:

input

{ width:500px;}

This CSS code enables me to change the properties of any tag named input. In this case, I just specified a larger width than the default for the text boxes in my form.

Ant1D
Motivator

I can type all the data I wish to type into this textbox however the textbox is too small to display all of this data at the same time

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...