Getting Data In

Indexers outage - What can I do to troubleshoot?

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello Splunkers, 

I am facing a problem with my indexers that are not able to index anymore. Neither the data forwarder to those indexers, neither the internal Splunk logs... I even tried to index data (simple txt file) directly from the indexer GUI, I do not get any error but my selected indexe will not be filled/updated.

Any clue what I can do to troubleshoot ? There is nothing in splunkd.log file, what other logs should I check?

Regards,
GaetanVP

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @GaetanVP,

did you checked if you have sufficient disk space on indexers? usually this is the reason for stop internal indexing.

If you have sufficient disk space and resources, open a ticket to Splunk Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello @gcusello, sorry for the late reply,

Just for information the problem was linked to a bad outputs.conf I put on my Indexers. As you know, having issues with outgoing traffic would impact the data flow in a way that tcpout queue would fill up, that was the case.

Thanks,

GaetanVP

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...