Getting Data In

Indexed data twice! Suggestions to remove data from being searched?

ben_leung
Builder

Lets say we have forwarded events that are exactly the same and show in Splunk as duplicates. Running a | dedup _raw would resolve the duplicate events at search time. Would it make sense to run index=main | deduce _raw | delete so that we won't have to run a dedup every single time on that time range of events?

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion

I wouldn't advise scheduling a delete. For one, delete is expensive to run. Second, possibly dangerous in that you may wind up deleting something by accident. Third, fix the reason for duplicate events instead.

ben_leung
Builder

The reason I ask this is because | delete would remove the events returned from the prior search. I would assume it would "delete" the duplicate AND the original events. Does anyone know the behavior of this kind of scenario?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...